Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Citrus growers want dollar to fall furtherCitrus growers in the NSW Riverina say the Australian dollar needs to drop another 20 per cent before fruit prices start to improve.
The US is a major market for Australia's biggest citrus growing region.
Louie Sartor, who's just starting picking his navel orange crop, says despite the high currency, the industry can't afford to pull back on exports.
"Look, most packers have a pre-season commitment to the US market," he said.
"If they don't commit to that market and they let that market go because of the high Australian dollar, the risk they run is they will lose the market altogether.
"We've got to maintain it, otherwise the South Africans and the Chileans get into that market and we lose it altogether.
"We have no hope of gaining it back then."
Publication date: 5/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: