Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Economic conditions a core problem for apple growersThe Chairman of Apple and Pear Australia John Lawrenson has described the current season for growers as particularly bad and has no answers to help growers cope.
John Lawrenson and Jon Durham the managing director of APAL are in Tasmania for a two day visit to talk to growers about the current state of the apple industry.
The two have been to three other states and John Lawrenson says the apple market is very difficult at the moment, but is still optimistic for the future, especially if the dollar eases.
John Lawrenson says the threat from New Zealand apples has not happened so far this year and believes China does not see Australia as a big apple market, but says consumers are not playing their part and apple purchases have eased.
High labour costs are also playing a role and he says growers will just have to tough it out until economic conditions improve.
Publication date: 5/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: