Job offersmore »
- Sales/Purchase - Germany
- Manager Apple Orchard - Germany
- Technical Agronomy Support/Trainee Project Leader - Yorkshire, UK
- Assistant Grower - Tehachapi, CA
- General Manager - Tehachapi, CA
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Free resources to help produce marketers master social media
- Fyffes Exec: "Takeovers have been an important factor in the growth of Fyffes"
- Return of the ‘cherry Ferrari’ as the glamour fruit season begins
- Family flee home after hundreds of dangerous spiders found in bunch of bananas
- Taking genetic modification to a new level
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Gap between kiwi seasons bodes well for European suppliers
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Spain: Scientific discovery that could prevent the spread of plant viruses
Exchange ratesmore »
The species Cocos nucifera L. commonly known as "coconut" is a tropical palm tree that probably comes from the Southeast of Asia and is widely distributed worldwide in over 90 countries in the intertropical belt.
The coconut is considered one of the most useful plants to humans, since it is able to generate a self-sufficient exploration system, providing employment and income. It is also an important source of food in several Asian countries.
In Brazillian the crop is intended primarily as raw material for agro-industries for the production of milk and shredded coconut or for the consumption of "fresh" or processed coconut water.
Currently, the global demand for healthier and functional foods, has lead to the substitution of industrialized beverages for natural fruit juices and coconut water, which is an isotonic low calorie soft drink, containing mineral salts, sugars and vitamins, considered an excellent hydration beverage.
Although consumption has grown considerably in recent years there is great potential for expansion.
Publication date: 5/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: