Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Fruits and vegetable export collapseThe European crisis and the negative impact of weather in the main production areas Infocampo says, are behind falling fruit and vegetable exports.
Exports of fruits and vegetables dropped 21.8% in the first three months of 2012, by comparison with the same period of 2011, with 421 million Dollars, as a consequence of the crisis in the European Union, according to a note from the SEI - Sectoral Economic Investigations.
Regarding amounts, there was a drop in joint sales of 14.6%, compared to 2011, due to lesser fruit shipments (29.1%), while vegetables exports registered a growth by comparison with the same period of last year, of 20.4%.
Locally, the present campaign is characterized by the negative impact of the drought, frosts and hail in the main production areas, bringing up a not so easy scenario for the 2011-2012 campaign.
Regarding destinations for the exported fruit in the first three months of 2012, the list is made of Brazil, Russia, the Netherlands, Italy and the United States.
Publication date: 5/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: