Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Fruits and vegetable export collapseThe European crisis and the negative impact of weather in the main production areas Infocampo says, are behind falling fruit and vegetable exports.
Exports of fruits and vegetables dropped 21.8% in the first three months of 2012, by comparison with the same period of 2011, with 421 million Dollars, as a consequence of the crisis in the European Union, according to a note from the SEI - Sectoral Economic Investigations.
Regarding amounts, there was a drop in joint sales of 14.6%, compared to 2011, due to lesser fruit shipments (29.1%), while vegetables exports registered a growth by comparison with the same period of last year, of 20.4%.
Locally, the present campaign is characterized by the negative impact of the drought, frosts and hail in the main production areas, bringing up a not so easy scenario for the 2011-2012 campaign.
Regarding destinations for the exported fruit in the first three months of 2012, the list is made of Brazil, Russia, the Netherlands, Italy and the United States.
Publication date: 5/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: