Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Low banana prices lead to jump in diseasesOngoing low prices for bananas are leading to a rise in fungal disease outbreaks in Far North Queensland.
Louis Lardi, from the Banana Growers Council, says that because prices are low, banana farmers are looking to cut back on costs.
He says that in turn has led to an increase in the amount of the fungal disease yellow sigatoka in banana orchards.
"Before you pick the fruit, it can end up killing all your leaves off on the tree, so therefore fruit won't fill out, and therefore it'll be a lesser quality product to put on the market."
Publication date: 5/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: