Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: El Hierro studies pineapple route to marketThe Rural Area of Cabildo de El Hierro is producing essays in order to encourage the introduction of processed tropical pineapple IV range to the Canary Island market, from El Golfo Valley, according to information from the counselor Juan Rafael Zamora.
The institution counts on the cooperation from the Department of Tropical Fruit culture in the Canary Institute of Agricultural Investigations (ICIA) and the district council of La Palma for investigation and essay works.
To answer a demand from the producers, the objective of the Institution is to introduce this new processed variety of pineapple in the Canary Islands market, with a commercial strategy pointing to the Summer season, when pineapple production grows considerably.
Pineapple of the IV range sold in the Canary Islands comes from third party countries and doesn't count on the usual phytosanitary controls, something that the producing associations and institutions from El Hierro keep on denouncing.
In the El Golfo Valley, in the municipality of La Frontera, is cultivated a total amount of tropical pineapple commercialized by El Hierro. In 2010, this valley generated 1.5 million kilos of tropical pineapple.
Publication date: 5/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: