Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Scott Farms International wins prestigious national industry awardScott Farms International has been crowned Importer of the Year at the Re:fresh Awards 2012.
The UK’s leading sweet potato grower and importer scooped the award at last night’s event after it was shortlisted among three other companies.
The awards recognise the outstanding achievers of the last 12 months in the fresh produce industry.
‘We are extremely proud to have won the Importer of the Year category at this year’s Re:fresh Awards,’ said Scott Farms International CEO, Stan Smith.
‘The category was very competitive and to have won is recognition of our commitment to the industry as a whole and our passion for sweet potatoes. Our aim is to increase the nation’s appetite for the product and for Scott Farms sweet potatoes to be asked for by name.’
Celebrity chef James Martin presented the awards in front of 500 industry guests at the gala dinner at the InterContinental London Park Lane.
Scott Farms International was selected by an independent judging panel of the industry’s peers on the executive committee at the Fresh Produce Consortium.
Evesham-based Scott Farms International, which has been in operation for five years, last year launched its love sweet potatoes campaign to educate the consumer of the nutritious and hardworking vegetable for the benefit of the whole industry. As a result the company has seen growth in the import of sweet potatoes into the UK and continental Europe and is now looking further afield.
For information about Scott Farms International or the love sweet potatoes campaign you can visit lovesweetpotatoes.com.
For more information:
Tel: 0044148 728841
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: