Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Scott Farms International wins prestigious national industry awardScott Farms International has been crowned Importer of the Year at the Re:fresh Awards 2012.
The UK’s leading sweet potato grower and importer scooped the award at last night’s event after it was shortlisted among three other companies.
The awards recognise the outstanding achievers of the last 12 months in the fresh produce industry.
‘We are extremely proud to have won the Importer of the Year category at this year’s Re:fresh Awards,’ said Scott Farms International CEO, Stan Smith.
‘The category was very competitive and to have won is recognition of our commitment to the industry as a whole and our passion for sweet potatoes. Our aim is to increase the nation’s appetite for the product and for Scott Farms sweet potatoes to be asked for by name.’
Celebrity chef James Martin presented the awards in front of 500 industry guests at the gala dinner at the InterContinental London Park Lane.
Scott Farms International was selected by an independent judging panel of the industry’s peers on the executive committee at the Fresh Produce Consortium.
Evesham-based Scott Farms International, which has been in operation for five years, last year launched its love sweet potatoes campaign to educate the consumer of the nutritious and hardworking vegetable for the benefit of the whole industry. As a result the company has seen growth in the import of sweet potatoes into the UK and continental Europe and is now looking further afield.
For information about Scott Farms International or the love sweet potatoes campaign you can visit lovesweetpotatoes.com.
For more information:
Tel: 0044148 728841
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: