Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Pepin Heights Orchard announces import HoneyCrunch apples from NZPepin Heights Orchard is excited to announce a partnership that will bring HoneyCrunch brand Honeycrisp apples from New Zealand to the United States.
The partnership with Waipopo Orchards of Timaru, New Zealand, furthers Pepin Heights Orchard’s quest to bring premium apple varieties to the marketplace.
Prior to forming the partnership, Pepin Heights staff spent time on the ground in New Zealand to ensure the fruit adheres to rigorous grade standards. Also, principals from Waipopo travelled to Minnesota to study HoneyCrisp production methodology.
The fruit is being marketed as HoneyCrunch brand HoneyCrisp to distinguish it from other HoneyCrisp that may be available at the same time.
“It’s always about the eating experience for us,” said Chris Sandwick, Director of Sales and Marketing for Pepin Heights. “And we are confident that consumers will discover HoneyCrunch® provides that superior experience. We know how site-specific good HoneyCrisp apples can be, and we’ve found another area that can grow really good fruit.”
This introduction will be distributed nationally to a limited number of select retailers.
HoneyCrunch is a registered trademark of the Regents of the University of Minnesota.
For more information:
Pepin Heights Orchard
Tel: +1 612-414-5435
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: