Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Frost hits European fruit and vegetable sector hard
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pepin Heights Orchard announces import HoneyCrunch apples from NZPepin Heights Orchard is excited to announce a partnership that will bring HoneyCrunch brand Honeycrisp apples from New Zealand to the United States.
The partnership with Waipopo Orchards of Timaru, New Zealand, furthers Pepin Heights Orchard’s quest to bring premium apple varieties to the marketplace.
Prior to forming the partnership, Pepin Heights staff spent time on the ground in New Zealand to ensure the fruit adheres to rigorous grade standards. Also, principals from Waipopo travelled to Minnesota to study HoneyCrisp production methodology.
The fruit is being marketed as HoneyCrunch brand HoneyCrisp to distinguish it from other HoneyCrisp that may be available at the same time.
“It’s always about the eating experience for us,” said Chris Sandwick, Director of Sales and Marketing for Pepin Heights. “And we are confident that consumers will discover HoneyCrunch® provides that superior experience. We know how site-specific good HoneyCrisp apples can be, and we’ve found another area that can grow really good fruit.”
This introduction will be distributed nationally to a limited number of select retailers.
HoneyCrunch is a registered trademark of the Regents of the University of Minnesota.
For more information:
Pepin Heights Orchard
Tel: +1 612-414-5435
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: