Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Pepin Heights Orchard announces import HoneyCrunch apples from NZPepin Heights Orchard is excited to announce a partnership that will bring HoneyCrunch brand Honeycrisp apples from New Zealand to the United States.
The partnership with Waipopo Orchards of Timaru, New Zealand, furthers Pepin Heights Orchard’s quest to bring premium apple varieties to the marketplace.
Prior to forming the partnership, Pepin Heights staff spent time on the ground in New Zealand to ensure the fruit adheres to rigorous grade standards. Also, principals from Waipopo travelled to Minnesota to study HoneyCrisp production methodology.
The fruit is being marketed as HoneyCrunch brand HoneyCrisp to distinguish it from other HoneyCrisp that may be available at the same time.
“It’s always about the eating experience for us,” said Chris Sandwick, Director of Sales and Marketing for Pepin Heights. “And we are confident that consumers will discover HoneyCrunch® provides that superior experience. We know how site-specific good HoneyCrisp apples can be, and we’ve found another area that can grow really good fruit.”
This introduction will be distributed nationally to a limited number of select retailers.
HoneyCrunch is a registered trademark of the Regents of the University of Minnesota.
For more information:
Pepin Heights Orchard
Tel: +1 612-414-5435
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: