Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Fruit exports fall 3%
Despite a slight fall in fruit exports the new president of Fedefruta estimates that shipments will increase to Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe.
The new president of the Federation of Fruit Producers of Chile (Fedefruta) reported that in the current fruit season, "exports for the first week of May, show a decline of 3% compared with the same period of last year, a figure that could be reflected at the end of the season."
Cristian Allendes Marin, who succeeds Antonio Walker, has been the director of Fedefruta for 10 years, and also has been president of ChileGAP. He is also one of the main partners of the Agricultural Society La Hornilla and consultant for the National Society of Agriculture. The rest of the new directory for the year 2012-2013 is made up by: Juan Brown Bauza, Jorge Valenzuela, Francisco Donoso, Mary Ines Figari, Domingo Romero, Ramon Achurra, Antonio Walker and Andres Santa Cruz.
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: