Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Sainsbury's stocking 100% UK asparagusFrom today (18th May), Sainsbury’s will be stocking 100% British asparagus. Due to adverse weather the start of the season comes six weeks later than last year; however the slow growing season has resulted in a better quality crop. The new crop is spread from fields across Herefordshire and Norfolk down to Kent and West Sussex to work around varied weather conditions.
Julien Roberts, Sainsbury's asparagus buyer says: "We're pleased to announce that customers will see deliveries of 100% British grown asparagus in stores from today. It's been a tough growing season for our farmers - despite the delay we anticipate this crop to be even better quality than usual as it's grown slower than usual.
As we've seen such varied weather this spring and supply has been slow, I'd encourage customers to take advantage of the season while it lasts."
British asparagus will be available in Sainsbury's stores from Friday 18 May priced £1.50 for a 250g bundle.
Publication date: 5/18/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: