Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Sunkist Growers use Hipcricket to power mobile campaignsHipcricket, the one-stop mobile marketing and advertising subsidiary of Augme Technologies, has announced that Sunkist Growers, one of the world's largest providers of fresh fruit, has chosen Hipcricket to power point-of-purchase mobile marketing campaigns that build stronger engagement and brand affinity with its customers. The QR code- and messaging-based campaigns leverage the Hipcricket technology platform to provide a powerful mobile foundation for Sunkist's ongoing retail marketing programs.
Sunkist is using the self-service AD LIFE platform to manage the critical initial point of engagement with consumers. AD LIFE provides Sunkist with a powerful suite of tools and services to reach consumers on all types of mobile devices. Consumers using QR codes and SMS can access product information across the brand's multiple mobile websites, enter contests and opt-in to receive ongoing communications such as recipes and special offers. Once they opt in, these consumers are included in a database that Sunkist can use for future re-marketing purposes.
AD LIFE also includes comprehensive analytics to provide granular measurement of campaign results in real time, thereby allowing Sunkist to make "on-the-fly" changes to ensure optimal campaign performance. The platform provides easy-to-implement connections to legacy marketing software systems, so Sunkist can extend the power of its marketing initiatives to consumers' mobile devices.
"Historically, our direct engagement with consumers has been intermittent-it started and ended at the point of purchase, and did not resume until the next time they came to the store," said Julie DeWolf, Sunkist's Director of Retail Marketing. "Now, the AD LIFE platform from Hipcricket enables us to have real, ongoing conversations with consumers that start in the grocery store and continue between purchases on the mobile devices they always have within easy reach."
"Hipcricket is proud to work with Sunkist as it expands its consumer engagement through mobile marketing," said Hipcricket Senior Vice President Doug Stovall. "Our AD LIFE platform powers the foundational programs that begin the conversation, reaching consumers on their mobile devices starting right at the point of sale. It is particularly gratifying to see major brands like Sunkist embrace the one-to-one capabilities of mobile marketing."
Sunkist plans to expand its mobile marketing initiatives in the next year with increased mobile advertising and post-click engagement programs, including mobile couponing, loyalty programs and location-based services.
Publication date: 5/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: