Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Packaging innovation to fight food waste
Italy: ILIP joins food initiativeIn order to fight food waste, ILIP, the industry-leading company from Bazzano (BO) operating in the field of thermoformed plastic packaging for fresh produce and foodstuffs, has joined the Save Food initiative launched by Messe Dϋsseldorf in collaboration with FAO, the UN organization dedicated to foodstuffs and agriculture.
According to the data from the Save Food initiative, about one third of the food that’s produced each year is lost along the supply chain, a volume of waste that could be contained by implementing infrastructure adjustments and major packaging innovations. With regard to the packaging elements, in fact, the challenge is to come up with materials and packaging solutions that will ensure the safe transport of even the most delicate products, as well as the optimization of the logistics, and the best possible preservation and protection of the contents.
The enhancement of these aspects has become one of the main objectives of ILIP’s social responsibility policy for the next few years. ILIP is the main division of ILPA Group, a company which has redefined its strategic positioning throughout its 50 years of activity by developing a new outlook in terms of environmental sustainability. Not only by offering recycled and/or compostable materials – a field in which ILIP is recognized as a pioneer thanks to the creation of product ranges made from recycled PET and bioplastics – but also due to its commitment to improving the efficiency of the supply chain with its own products.
"We believe that packaging innovation has a significant ethical value, as well as an immediate effect upon waste reduction," explains Roberto Zanichelli, marketing manager of ILIP. "In fact, we’ve decided to join the Save Food project because it represents a concrete way to highlight our commitment to creating products that will render food preservation increasingly efficient along the supply chain."
The "Save Food" project was introduced last May, and is dedicated to bringing together the stakeholders in the European food supply chain (including industry, packaging, logistics and distribution) on a regular basis, in order to propose concrete solutions to the waste and loss that occurs from the producer to the final consumer.
For more information:
Press Office ILIP c/o Fruitecom
T: +39 059 7863894
Publication date: 5/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: