Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ: Fruit fly checks continue as outbreak looks less likelyMore traps are continuing to be set in the Auckland suburb where a male Queensland fruit fly was recently found. However, as reported on Radio New Zealand, an outbreak is looking increasingly unlikely.
Despite this piece of good news there is not yet room for complacency and biosecurity efforts will remain extra strong for the time being. Deputy Director of Compliance Andrew Coleman, said it will be two weeks before anyone can say with confidence that just one fruit fly has made it into the country.
Members of the public have responded well to the issue and are sending in possible suspect flies for identification that have been caught in traps they have been setting.
Source: www.marketwatch.com; tvnz.co.nz/national-news
Publication date: 5/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: