Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: A very good season for Michoacán mangoThe weather has been positive for the mango production in Michoacán. "The weather is quite good, it didn't rain a lot and it is now warm, so it's good for the mango season", affirmed a mango exporter.
Exporters expect the season to be finished by June and of course, they say it all depends on the rain, but none is expected so they can keep going for the season without surprises.
Added to that, another exporter informed FreshPlaza that this mango exporting season is going way better than the previous one, mainly due to a bigger market and a bigger production amount, but "prices are like last year, on a standard level", he said.
Thanks to the United States and Mexico being close by, the US market continues to be the favourite for Mexican exporting companies. In addition there are also exports to Europe and Canada, among others.
Publication date: 5/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: