Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: Agrexco 'back in business'The last year was a turbulent year for the Israeli agriculture export. Agrexco, Agriculture Export Company Ltd., was liquidated and its rights were purchased by Mr. Gideon Bickel, who established a new company under the name Agrexco Carmel, Agriculture Export Company Ltd. "Trade started immediately from the first week of December 2011", says Mr. Eli Nachmana the new managing director of the company in North Europe.
"We renewed contact with the growers who had already signed agreements with other export companies and so we at first bought products from the growers. As well as that we renewed the commercial contacts with all our clients in Europe. Within a very short period Agrexco Carmel was able to offer a wide range of products. We noticed from a lot of growers and clients that we had definitely been missed".
For the 2012/13 season 120,000 tones of products are planned. Contracts for next season are being signed right now and many growers will export their products via Agrexco Carmel.
Eli says that the domestic market in Israel is good, and competes with the export prices. Yet he believes that the product quantities are too big for the local market. "The recovery of the confidence of the growers and the reconstruction of the relationships is our primary goal. It is sometimes difficult for growers to understand that we are a different company, and therefore start with a clean slate. Yet we find that the confidence is still there, and disappointing results of competitors also contribute. We assure our growers of good prices, which are also paid on time, and that is greatly appreciated."
Eli says he is optimistic regarding the future. "The market has changed, and it will take time before we are back on our old level, but it is going in the right direction." Trading in the Netherlands, according to him, will be at "full power" again next year, including the organic side. "We're rising again!"
Publication date: 6/5/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: