Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: Agrexco 'back in business'The last year was a turbulent year for the Israeli agriculture export. Agrexco, Agriculture Export Company Ltd., was liquidated and its rights were purchased by Mr. Gideon Bickel, who established a new company under the name Agrexco Carmel, Agriculture Export Company Ltd. "Trade started immediately from the first week of December 2011", says Mr. Eli Nachmana the new managing director of the company in North Europe.
"We renewed contact with the growers who had already signed agreements with other export companies and so we at first bought products from the growers. As well as that we renewed the commercial contacts with all our clients in Europe. Within a very short period Agrexco Carmel was able to offer a wide range of products. We noticed from a lot of growers and clients that we had definitely been missed".
For the 2012/13 season 120,000 tones of products are planned. Contracts for next season are being signed right now and many growers will export their products via Agrexco Carmel.
Eli says that the domestic market in Israel is good, and competes with the export prices. Yet he believes that the product quantities are too big for the local market. "The recovery of the confidence of the growers and the reconstruction of the relationships is our primary goal. It is sometimes difficult for growers to understand that we are a different company, and therefore start with a clean slate. Yet we find that the confidence is still there, and disappointing results of competitors also contribute. We assure our growers of good prices, which are also paid on time, and that is greatly appreciated."
Eli says he is optimistic regarding the future. "The market has changed, and it will take time before we are back on our old level, but it is going in the right direction." Trading in the Netherlands, according to him, will be at "full power" again next year, including the organic side. "We're rising again!"
Publication date: 6/5/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: