Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fiji: Food relief at hand for growersThe Agriculture Department has met with the Ramakrishna Mission to discuss flood relief assistance to fruit and vegetable growers in the Western Division.
Agriculture permanent secretary Colonel Mason Smith said the aim of the discussion as to ascertain which growers and which areas, were receiving assistance from the mission in order to avoid duplication.
"We are working with the private sector and NGOs to co-ordinate relief efforts so that every farmer receives assistance and assistance programs are not duplicated," he said.
"Our discussions with the Ramakrishna Mission were very fruitful and we're assisting them by providing assistance and fast-tracking the import process for seeds from New Zealand."
The mission has made a commitment to assist in the speedy recovery of the industry by supplying seeds. In combination with the establishment of an agricultural training unit this is expected to help farmers rebuild.
The Ramakrishna Mission has committed a total of $200,000 towards the rehabilitation effort. The agriculture and livestock sectors raked up a total flood damage bill of $17.4million for the March flood.
Publication date: 5/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: