Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Horticulture sub-committee chairman annoyed over disbandingThe horticulture code sub-committee has been disbanded and its chairman is not happy about it.
Peter Darley says his work is not finished, and he still wants to improve transparency for fruit and vegetable growers when they sell their produce.
But the Horticulture Task Force, a peak representative body, is concerned that Mr Darley spoke out too often to the media, damaging its image with the Federal Government.
Mr Darley says the Horticulture Task Force is self-elected and doesn't represent growers' interests.
"To me that's a major concern, because they require us at some times to do work for them," he said.
"But to cut out state organisation is very very disappointing and this Horticulture Task Force, as such, think they are the peak body of horticulture in Australia.
"Well, that's far from the truth as far as I'm concerned."
The Horticulture Task Force has declined to comment on the matter, which it says it unimportant.
Publication date: 5/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: