Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Horticulture sub-committee chairman annoyed over disbandingThe horticulture code sub-committee has been disbanded and its chairman is not happy about it.
Peter Darley says his work is not finished, and he still wants to improve transparency for fruit and vegetable growers when they sell their produce.
But the Horticulture Task Force, a peak representative body, is concerned that Mr Darley spoke out too often to the media, damaging its image with the Federal Government.
Mr Darley says the Horticulture Task Force is self-elected and doesn't represent growers' interests.
"To me that's a major concern, because they require us at some times to do work for them," he said.
"But to cut out state organisation is very very disappointing and this Horticulture Task Force, as such, think they are the peak body of horticulture in Australia.
"Well, that's far from the truth as far as I'm concerned."
The Horticulture Task Force has declined to comment on the matter, which it says it unimportant.
Publication date: 5/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: