Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Village Farms to host grand opening of new Monahans greenhouseVillage Farms International will host the grand opening of its newest greenhouse in Monahans, Texas on Thursday, May 17. The greenhouse, like none other the world over, features Village Farms proprietary Greenhouse Advanced Technology Environment System (GATES). The opening event, which is by invitation only, will feature a greenhouse tour, ceremony, and reception. Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples is scheduled as honorary guest speaker for the event.
According to Village Farms President & Chief Executive Officer, Michael DeGiglio, "We are honored to have Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples, as well as local and state dignitaries join us at such a momentous event for Village Farms. The town of Monahans has welcomed us with open arms and we are honored to celebrate on this day. Locally grown Texas fresh produce farmed using environmentally friendly methods that employs the highest food safety standards available in the industry is cause for celebration every day."
"A safe, affordable and reliable food supply will continue to be produced in Texas with this new greenhouse investment by Village Farms," Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples said. "This advanced technology will result in job creation, food security and add to the rich heritage of our farmers and ranchers who are committed to protecting the environment. The Monahans greenhouse project will continue Texas' agricultural legacy as a $100 billion powerhouse of productivity; and when agriculture prospers, consumers are the winners."
Currently Village Farms has completed the first 30 acre phase of the Monahans greenhouse. Village Farms Monahans greenhouse will provide local jobs for up to 400 employees on completion of its final phase.
For more information:
Helen L. Aquino
Tel: +1 732 676 3003
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: