Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Early peach campaign starts in the area of MetapontoA few days ago the harvest of peaches started in the area of Metaponto (South Italy). Early peach production in the Mediterranean area was strongly influenced by low temperatures in the first months of the year. On Italian markets and abroad a limited supply and good prices are noted.
The outstanding earliness and quality of peaches in the Metaponto area come from the introduction of new cultivars and innovative cultivation techniques allowing anticipation of the harvest even in the presence of unfavourable weather conditions as those recorded this year.
The use of tunnels and new extra early varieties suited to the cold are important elements to obtain high quality peaches and nectarines, in late spring. The Plagold variety, red peaches with yellow flesh and extraordinary organoleptic features.
Today consumers buy early fruit only if this has the right colour and taste. These new peach and nectarine varieties, patented by Planasa, meet both production needs and market ones because they combine earliness, productivity and quality of fruit.
Via Zara, 20
75025 Policoro (MT)
Phone: +39 (0)835 902132
Fax: +39 (0)835 902133
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: