Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Early peach campaign starts in the area of MetapontoA few days ago the harvest of peaches started in the area of Metaponto (South Italy). Early peach production in the Mediterranean area was strongly influenced by low temperatures in the first months of the year. On Italian markets and abroad a limited supply and good prices are noted.
The outstanding earliness and quality of peaches in the Metaponto area come from the introduction of new cultivars and innovative cultivation techniques allowing anticipation of the harvest even in the presence of unfavourable weather conditions as those recorded this year.
The use of tunnels and new extra early varieties suited to the cold are important elements to obtain high quality peaches and nectarines, in late spring. The Plagold variety, red peaches with yellow flesh and extraordinary organoleptic features.
Today consumers buy early fruit only if this has the right colour and taste. These new peach and nectarine varieties, patented by Planasa, meet both production needs and market ones because they combine earliness, productivity and quality of fruit.
Via Zara, 20
75025 Policoro (MT)
Phone: +39 (0)835 902132
Fax: +39 (0)835 902133
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: