Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Diamond Foods appoints Brian J. Driscoll president and chief executive officerDiamond Foods, today announced the appointment of food and beverage industry veteran Brian J. Driscoll as President and Chief Executive Officer, effective May 8, 2012. Mr. Driscoll, who will join the Diamond Board of Directors, replaces Rick G. Wolford, a Director who has served as Interim Chief Executive Officer since February 7, 2012 while the Company conducted a nationwide search for a permanent Chief Executive.
"We are delighted to welcome Brian to Diamond Foods and believe that his proven management skills and his experience over a 30 year career with leading food and consumer businesses such as Kraft, Nabisco, Nestle and Procter & Gamble, and most recently at Hostess Brands, Inc., make him a perfect choice for Diamond," said Robert J. Zollars, Diamond's Chairman.
"I am excited about the many opportunities that lie ahead for the Company under Brian's leadership," said Interim CEO and Diamond Director Rick Wolford. "I believe Diamond's future is very bright and will benefit significantly from Brian's experience as the leadership team resumes its industry leadership with the walnut business, executes on its branded snack strategies, and further builds a high performance and productive Company culture."
"I am very optimistic about the future of Diamond Foods and look forward to working closely with our employees, the grower community and our customers to take Diamond's businesses to another level," said Brian Driscoll. "Together, we plan to build on the momentum of Diamond's impressive brands to grow sales, increase market share and drive shareholder value."
Mr. Driscoll, 53, began his career in 1980 in sales with Procter & Gamble, and joined Nestle Foods in 1985. During his ten years with Nestle, Mr. Driscoll assumed increasing responsibilities culminating with his promotion to Vice President and General Manager of the U.S. Roast and Coffee Division. In 1995, Nabisco recruited him to the position of President-Sales and Integrated Logistics. In 1998, he was appointed to lead the Biscuit Direct Store Delivery Sales and Customer Service organization. Mr. Driscoll joined Kraft with its acquisition of Nabisco as Executive Vice President for Field Sales and Integrated Logistics. During his tenure with Kraft, he held a number of executive positions overseeing customer business teams, retail sales and customer marketing. He rose to the position of President of Sales, Customer Service. In June 2010, he was recruited to lead Hostess Brands where he served as Chief Executive Officer until March of this year. Mr. Driscoll earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in 1980 from St. John's University's College of Business Administration. While at Kraft, he completed Northwestern University's Kellogg School CEO Perspective Program.
Publication date: 5/8/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: