Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (WA): Abundance of cherries for 4th July this yearWarm weather is good news for cherry growers. Last year's cherries were delayed by cold weather and there was a shortage for the 4th July - typically the most important part of the year for sales.
The Washington State Fruit Commission says the sudden temperature increase recently started the cherries growing. They anticipate four million boxes by the end of next month - double what was achieved at the same time last year.
"We're hoping that this kind of weather that we have today that's really quite nice here in the valley just kinda holds out throughout the season. That would be perfect," says Fruit Commission President B.J. Thurlby.
The commission predicts that harvest across the region will be staggered enabling a constant stream of fruit throughout the Summer months.
Publication date: 5/8/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: