Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Avocado exports total $9.9 millionAvocado exports from Peru totalled US$9.9 million between January and March, this year, up 135 percent compared to the same period a year earlier, Peru's Foreign Trade Society (ComexPeru) reported.
ComexPeru said that Peruvian avocado exports showed a positive performance as they rose from 2,500 to 81,542 tons from 2001 to last year.
Among the leading export destinations are the Netherlands with US$6.6 million (66 percent of total exports) and Spain with US$2.2 million (22 percent).
Russia, France and the United States, among others, complete the list with US$1.2 million.
Publication date: 5/8/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: