Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru is booming - International trade mission 14 to 24 September
Peru has developed enormously over the last few years in the area of fruit and vegetables. Economically Peru is one of the strongest growing countries in South America. The Peruvian government stimulates entrepreneurs throughout the chain of fruits and vegetables to strengthen the position of the country.
International Trade Mission Peru
From 14 to 24 September 2012, Primago Public Relations, in cooperation with Uitgeverij Boekhout, www.agf.nl and www.freshplaza.com, the Dutch Embassy in Lima, Peru, and the Peruvian Embassy in The Hague are organizing a trade mission in fruit and vegetables to Peru.
Now is the time to make new contacts in Peru. Two important elements in this trade mission are
- visiting the largest international food fair of South America, Expoalimentaria in Lima.
- participating in a match making session organised by Adex, the organizer of Expoalimentaria.
Trade missions, organized by Uitgeverij Boekhout, www.agf.nl, Primago Public Relations and www.freshplaza.com to: China, Egypt and Ireland have proven to be successful in many aspects. Organizing an international trade mission is new and innovative. It adds to the possibilities of international trading. Only Freshplaza.com is in a position to do so, since they are the best read worldwide (web) publishers in the field of fresh produce.
An international mission is a tremendous advantage for all participants, since they rather intensively make the acquaintance of representatives of companies from other countries. Besides the contacts in Peru made during visits, matchmaking session and at the Exhibition, you get to know people working chain-wide in fruits and vegetables, as travel companions.
The programme will be based on the sort of companies that are joining the mission. We aim for visits and participants chain-wide. We are trying to arrange company visits with various growers, companies in the processing industry, suppliers, retailers, import and export companies. Canvassing of participants is directed towards similar companies.
If ever there was a time to go and check out the possibilities in Peru, it is now. Get acquainted with what growers have to offer; obtain a good impression of the working methods; compare quality and hygiene procedures; logistics, wholesale and retail etc. Leave your businesscard and plant your seedling for the future.
Indication of price each participant, excluding travel and cost of accommodation: Euro 750.
If interested please register by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This international trade mission will only take place when enough participants have registered.
The choice of Peru is based on:
• Peruvian economy has been growing for 8 years (GNP 2010 +9%, 2011 +7%)
• Export breaks all records (over the past ten years it increased six-fold, Last year +28%, agro +29%;
• Permanent relationship with the Netherlands in that area. The Netherlands is the largest importer of fruit, second importer of vegetables from Peru;
• Peru have heavily invested in quantity. Now they start investing in quality to improve a worldwide competition position;
• Growth in the agrarian sector is so explosive that shortages of employees occur and salaries increase more and more resulting in interest in the use of machines;
• Growth in the import of machinery for agrarian and foodstuff processing industry over the last 10 years increased five-fold (the category processing foodstuff and fruit/vegetables increased six-fold) The total sector increased from 25.5 million US$ in 2002 to 132,6 million US$ in 2011;
• Largest categories: machinery for beer and spirit industry, preparing pasta dishes, bakery technology, processing fruit and vegetables, selection of grains, fish processing, dairy industry. Also demand for packing machines and materials such as carton boxes, tins, glass jars and all kinds of plastics, polymers and polythene;
• Tendency continues, focus is on surplus value;
• The time is ripe to at least look at this market carefully!
Expoalimentaria 2012, Lima – Peru
The most important foodstuff fair of the region in South America.
• The Expoalimentaria is directed towards the agrarian sector and foodstuff industry, fruit and vegetables, fish export and aqua culture and the supplying industry for all these sectors, including machinery, packing and other services.
• The fair will be held from 19 - 21 September in Lima and this year has grown to an area of 20,500 m2 and 600 stands, see: http://www.expoalimentariaperu.com/2012/home_eng.html
Publication date: 5/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: