Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: 18% of fruit and vegetables wasted18% of fruits and vegetables from India are going to waste for want of adequate cold chain facilities. The amount of food wasted is worth Rs 44,000 crore.
"These were the findings of a study conducted by the Central Institute for Post Harvest Engineering & Technology, Ludhiana (published in 2010)," minister of state for food processing industries Charan Das Mahant said.
He said the government had identified the cold chain situation as one requiring considerable investment and had been cited as such by the Prime Minister.
The government is offering part funding for cold chain projects already. Other government agencies like the National Horticulture Mission (NHM), National Horticulture Board (NHB), Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) and the state governments also provide assistance for cold storages under their respective schemes, he informed the house.
Publication date: 5/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: