Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mould on asparagus due to wrong packagingWrong packaging can increase the growth of mould and pathogens on asparagus. Research by the Bayerische Fernsehen (BR), together with scientific institutes recently showed that there was mould growth in packaged products in German supermarkets, says the German newspaper 'Hamburger Abendblatt' on its website. During samples in various well known food discounters the researchers discovered moulds in all cases. In two asparagus samples the mould was minimal, in three cases there was a large amount of mould.
The moulds that were discovered can be harmful to health in extreme cases, for instance causing allergies, or even organ damage, say those in the BR-programme 'Geld und Leben'. The Fraunhofer-Institut for processing technique and packaging sees wrong packaging as an important reason for infestations of mould. The packaging had to be replaced by special foil with small air holes.
Publication date: 5/7/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: