Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mould on asparagus due to wrong packagingWrong packaging can increase the growth of mould and pathogens on asparagus. Research by the Bayerische Fernsehen (BR), together with scientific institutes recently showed that there was mould growth in packaged products in German supermarkets, says the German newspaper 'Hamburger Abendblatt' on its website. During samples in various well known food discounters the researchers discovered moulds in all cases. In two asparagus samples the mould was minimal, in three cases there was a large amount of mould.
The moulds that were discovered can be harmful to health in extreme cases, for instance causing allergies, or even organ damage, say those in the BR-programme 'Geld und Leben'. The Fraunhofer-Institut for processing technique and packaging sees wrong packaging as an important reason for infestations of mould. The packaging had to be replaced by special foil with small air holes.
Publication date: 5/7/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: