Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgium: Delhaize 1st Q 2012 resultsPierre-Olivier Beckers, President and Chief Executive Officer of Delhaize Group, commented: "In the first quarter, we continued to deliver on our New Game Plan by investing in key revenue growth initiatives. These actions resulted in solid revenue growth of 5.9%. Our commitment to price competitiveness, the accelerated revenue momentum in our Food Lion Phase One stores, strong revenue growth at Bottom Dollar Food, real growth in Serbia and the strength of our Alfa Beta brand, give us confidence that our strategy is delivering the intended results."
"These actions and the current trading environment translated into lower underlying operating profit in the first quarter of 2012. In order to fund our long-term growth initiatives and to further invest in our prices in several of our markets, particularly the U.S. and Belgium, we will increase our focus on the generation of free cash flow through a more disciplined approach to capital expenditures and improvements in working capital. In 2012, we have set as a target the generation of EUR 500 million in free cash flow. We are also more determined than ever to exceed our EUR 500 million gross annual cost savings target by the end of this year. I am convinced that these decisions will strengthen the long-term health of our business."
To read the full article click here.
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: