Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgium: Delhaize 1st Q 2012 resultsPierre-Olivier Beckers, President and Chief Executive Officer of Delhaize Group, commented: "In the first quarter, we continued to deliver on our New Game Plan by investing in key revenue growth initiatives. These actions resulted in solid revenue growth of 5.9%. Our commitment to price competitiveness, the accelerated revenue momentum in our Food Lion Phase One stores, strong revenue growth at Bottom Dollar Food, real growth in Serbia and the strength of our Alfa Beta brand, give us confidence that our strategy is delivering the intended results."
"These actions and the current trading environment translated into lower underlying operating profit in the first quarter of 2012. In order to fund our long-term growth initiatives and to further invest in our prices in several of our markets, particularly the U.S. and Belgium, we will increase our focus on the generation of free cash flow through a more disciplined approach to capital expenditures and improvements in working capital. In 2012, we have set as a target the generation of EUR 500 million in free cash flow. We are also more determined than ever to exceed our EUR 500 million gross annual cost savings target by the end of this year. I am convinced that these decisions will strengthen the long-term health of our business."
To read the full article click here.
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: