Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Midwest Produce Conference & ExpoExhibit Floor Expanded after Selling Out for Midwest Produce Conference Management for the upcoming Midwest Produce Conference & Expo announced today that the exhibit floor for the inaugural event has been expanded. "We are very pleased with the response we have received overall from the retail community," stated Shannon Shuman, publisher of The Packer, "and exhibitor response has been especially strong, selling out all the space in our initial floor plan. We will be able to add some exhibit space to help us through the next few weeks but expect to sell out again and have a waiting list as we open the doors on August 14."
The exhibit floor for the conference will be a range of fresh produce, nuts, and floral, and a range of other suppliers to the retail grocery industry. The exhibits will be open for five hours and conclude with a networking reception in the exhibits. The exhibitor list can be found on the event homepage.
“We are ahead of our original timeline for exhibit sales,” Shuman added, “and the timing is perfect as we have just started to ramp up the conference attendance promotion program. "The conference includes sessions on local sourcing, working with non-profits and a consumer panel highlighting shopping trends. Optional events include "backstage" tours of retail and supplier facilities and a golf outing.
Full conference registration includes general sessions and networking events and is available on the event website at www.midwestproduceexpo.com
The Midwest Produce Conference & Expo was created to bring together leading produce industry buyers and sellers in a professional setting. It is open to retail executives, produce executives and managers, foodservice managers, produce distributors and wholesalers, specialty food retailers and buyers of produce from any industry.
For more information please visit www.midwestproduceexpo.com
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: