Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Georgia Blueberry Commission celebrates seasonal recipesThe month of May means one thing: the chance for consumers to purchase Sweet Georgia Blueberries. These delicious berries will begin arriving in supermarkets mid-April and continue through the end of July, providing Georgia with the longest blueberry growing season in North America.
Georgia boasts more than 14,000 acres of Sweet Georgia Blues, and with a production of nearly 60 million pounds, it’s one of the largest blueberry producing states in the United States. Warm days, just a few cold nights and exceptional terroir make Georgia Blueberries plumper and sweeter than any other.
“Nothing tastes better than a Sweet Georgia Blueberry,” notes Joe Cornelius, chairman of the Georgia Blueberry Commission. “Farms throughout the state are working hard to bring shoppers the absolute best blueberries. Despite an early freeze we still expect this year’s crop will be as plentiful as last year. The taste and quality is expected to be outstanding, as always.“
Full of antioxidants, Georgia Blueberries are a delicious and healthy way to lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease and cancer. They’re high in fiber, contain no fat and at just 80 calories per cup, Sweet Georgia Blues are an easy and convenient snack. Or add them in everything from salads to sauces; cereal to yogurt; dinner to dessert.
The Georgia Blueberry Commission has a host of recipes available and can arrange print, online or television interviews and/or cooking segments with one of our well-known cookbook authors and bloggers.
For more information:
Tel: +1 813-610-3211
Tel: +1 239-634-9401
Publication date: 5/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: