Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Austrians spent 100 million Euro on fairtrade productsFairtrade products from Asia, Latin America and Africa are bought more and more often by Austrians, according to the website of Austrian newspaper "Der Standard'. In 2011 it is estimated that an amount of about 100 million Euro was spent on these articles. That is about 15% more than the previous year. Especially the sale of fairtrade roses, fruit juices and chocolate increased.
Not only the trade but also in catering more and more fairtrade products were sold. The increase amounted to 28% in 2011. More than 1,300 Austrian pubs, bakeries, restaurants and canteens already serve fairtrade coffee.
The fairtrade trade make most of its turnover with bananas. In 2011 this turnover amounted to 25,1 million euro (+4%). Every fifth banana in Austria in the meantime carries the fairtrade hallmark.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: