Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Austrians spent 100 million Euro on fairtrade productsFairtrade products from Asia, Latin America and Africa are bought more and more often by Austrians, according to the website of Austrian newspaper "Der Standard'. In 2011 it is estimated that an amount of about 100 million Euro was spent on these articles. That is about 15% more than the previous year. Especially the sale of fairtrade roses, fruit juices and chocolate increased.
Not only the trade but also in catering more and more fairtrade products were sold. The increase amounted to 28% in 2011. More than 1,300 Austrian pubs, bakeries, restaurants and canteens already serve fairtrade coffee.
The fairtrade trade make most of its turnover with bananas. In 2011 this turnover amounted to 25,1 million euro (+4%). Every fifth banana in Austria in the meantime carries the fairtrade hallmark.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: