Job offersmore »
- Grower Peppers and Chillies - Almeria, Spain
- Research Scientist, Ornamental Breeding - Canada (ON)
- Marketingassistent - The Netherlands
- Sales Representative (M/F) - Northern England
- Technical / New-Business-Development-Manager - UK, Netherlands, Belgium
- Growing Supervisor - Australia
- Group Controller - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager - UK
- Business Director Northern and Western Europe - The Netherlands
- Farmmanager Production Youngplants - Portugal
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tacler Livestreammore »
In the first quarter of 2012, strawberry shipments in Peru totalled USD 2.3 million, reflecting a drop of 23% in the monthly average, over the same period in 2011.
According to the latest report from customs, the average price of the fruit showed a slight upward trend reaching USD 1.7 per kilogram, representing 4% more than what was accumulated last year.
In relation to the volumes sent, strawberry exports amounted to 1300 metric tons, showing a 26% reduction compared to what was sent in 2011 (7,300 MT).
Regarding the fate of the national strawberry, Germany was the first in ranking with USD 447,000 (19% of the total), followed by Belgium with USD 439,000 (19%) and the United States with USD 422,000 (18%).
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: