Job offersmore »
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
- Horticulture instructors - Canada
- Sales & Supply Manager - Australia
- Marketing Manager LED Solutions Floriculture - Netherlands
- Potato Technical Manager - Russia
- Export Sales Manager - Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England
- Career positions in Tehachapi - US (CA)
- Marketing manager - Westerlo, Belgium
- Hydroponic and greenhouse positions - United States
- Agronomist/Sourcing Technical Manager - Copenhagen and Helsingborg
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tacler Livestreammore »
In the first quarter of 2012, strawberry shipments in Peru totalled USD 2.3 million, reflecting a drop of 23% in the monthly average, over the same period in 2011.
According to the latest report from customs, the average price of the fruit showed a slight upward trend reaching USD 1.7 per kilogram, representing 4% more than what was accumulated last year.
In relation to the volumes sent, strawberry exports amounted to 1300 metric tons, showing a 26% reduction compared to what was sent in 2011 (7,300 MT).
Regarding the fate of the national strawberry, Germany was the first in ranking with USD 447,000 (19% of the total), followed by Belgium with USD 439,000 (19%) and the United States with USD 422,000 (18%).
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: