Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peruvian strawberry exports fell by 23%
In the first quarter of 2012, strawberry shipments in Peru totalled USD 2.3 million, reflecting a drop of 23% in the monthly average, over the same period in 2011.
According to the latest report from customs, the average price of the fruit showed a slight upward trend reaching USD 1.7 per kilogram, representing 4% more than what was accumulated last year.
In relation to the volumes sent, strawberry exports amounted to 1300 metric tons, showing a 26% reduction compared to what was sent in 2011 (7,300 MT).
Regarding the fate of the national strawberry, Germany was the first in ranking with USD 447,000 (19% of the total), followed by Belgium with USD 439,000 (19%) and the United States with USD 422,000 (18%).
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: