Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Gap between kiwi seasons bodes well for European suppliers
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
Exchange ratesmore »
In the first quarter of 2012, strawberry shipments in Peru totalled USD 2.3 million, reflecting a drop of 23% in the monthly average, over the same period in 2011.
According to the latest report from customs, the average price of the fruit showed a slight upward trend reaching USD 1.7 per kilogram, representing 4% more than what was accumulated last year.
In relation to the volumes sent, strawberry exports amounted to 1300 metric tons, showing a 26% reduction compared to what was sent in 2011 (7,300 MT).
Regarding the fate of the national strawberry, Germany was the first in ranking with USD 447,000 (19% of the total), followed by Belgium with USD 439,000 (19%) and the United States with USD 422,000 (18%).
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: