Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
In the first quarter of 2012, strawberry shipments in Peru totalled USD 2.3 million, reflecting a drop of 23% in the monthly average, over the same period in 2011.
According to the latest report from customs, the average price of the fruit showed a slight upward trend reaching USD 1.7 per kilogram, representing 4% more than what was accumulated last year.
In relation to the volumes sent, strawberry exports amounted to 1300 metric tons, showing a 26% reduction compared to what was sent in 2011 (7,300 MT).
Regarding the fate of the national strawberry, Germany was the first in ranking with USD 447,000 (19% of the total), followed by Belgium with USD 439,000 (19%) and the United States with USD 422,000 (18%).
Publication date: 5/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: