Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ireland: Discount stores gain on SuperquinnThe German discount supermarkets, Lidl and Aldi, are set to overtake Superquinn in the popularity stakes as shoppers turn increasingly to discount brands.
Latest figures from Kantar Worldpanel in Ireland reveal that Lidl now claims 6.2pc of the market share ahead of Superquinn's 5.7pc. And a 20pc burst in growth by Aldi has pushed it to a milestone 5pc - meaning it is hot on the heels of Irish-owned Superquinn.
As the discounters rise in popularity Superquinn has been losing its market share.
Tesco retains the dominant market share at 28.2pc - a record high first achieved in January. SuperValu is also gaining momentum and is now in its sixth consecutive month of sales growth.
Publication date: 5/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: