Job offersmore »
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
- Category Manager - Exports Homebush, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- Fresh produce company enters into partnership to help students become farmers
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Mastronardi's Sunset tomatoes wins Superior Taste AwardMastronardi Produce has once again been honored with the Superior Taste Award for its Zima grape tomato by the International Taste and Quality Institute (ITQI).
The International Taste & Quality Institute-ITQI (Brussels, BE) honored the Kumato in 2010 with the Superior Taste Award and it was the first time a fresh produce item had been granted this prestigious award. This year the ITQI organization has once again awarded the Kumato for the 3rd year in a row, Zima for the 2nd year and now Campari brand cocktail tomatoes have been added to the list further exemplifying that a tomato is much more than just a piece of fruit!
"We are proud that our SUNSET gourmet tomatoes continue to be awarded impressive accolades such as this," states Paul Mastronardi, President. "My family built this company on flavor & quality and these awards not only acknowledge our dedication to these values but further promote the fact that SUNSET
products are truly a taste experience."
ITQI is the leading independent based organization dedicated to testing and promoting superior tasting food and drink from around the world. The "Superior Taste Award" is the only stamp of quality in taste granted by the area’s opinion leaders that are Michelin starred Chefs and Sommeliers. The iTQi jury, regrouping 13 different nationalities, is composed of members of the most prestigious culinary institutions throughout Europe. "We warmly congratulate you for your achievement." Commented Steve Gibas, Operations Manager of ITQI. "Your company and your team should be particularly proud to market products that are so valued for their superior taste."
Several hundred brands of food and drink, originating from companies around the globe (more than 80 countries this year), participate in the ITQI Awards each year.
"Our Campari brand cocktail tomato continues to be a signature variety for us based on its true tomato flavor, this renowned variety has opened the doors for other varieties such as the Kumato unique brown tomato and the sweet full flavor that Zima tomato that has both retailers and food service operators eager to keep their shelves stocked with such a hot item" added Mr. Mastronardi.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 796 7797
Publication date: 5/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: