Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan: NYK Line reports $903 million lossesNYK Line has blamed declining revenue and rising costs for producing a net loss of 72.8 billion yen ($903 million) for its 2011 fiscal year ended March 31. However, the company predicts a profit for the current financial year.
NYK’s liner shipping division reported an operating loss of $545 million, reversing a $387 million profit in fiscal 2010, as revenue fell 9.4 percent to $5.3 billion. The loss on recurring liner operations was $566 million, compared with a recurring profit of $351 million a year earlier.
NYK President Yasumi Kudo forecast a $287 million profit this year on a 10.6 percent increase in group revenue to $25 billion.
Publication date: 5/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: