Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan: NYK Line reports $903 million lossesNYK Line has blamed declining revenue and rising costs for producing a net loss of 72.8 billion yen ($903 million) for its 2011 fiscal year ended March 31. However, the company predicts a profit for the current financial year.
NYK’s liner shipping division reported an operating loss of $545 million, reversing a $387 million profit in fiscal 2010, as revenue fell 9.4 percent to $5.3 billion. The loss on recurring liner operations was $566 million, compared with a recurring profit of $351 million a year earlier.
NYK President Yasumi Kudo forecast a $287 million profit this year on a 10.6 percent increase in group revenue to $25 billion.
Publication date: 5/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: