Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Speaker programme for World Potato Congress now completePractical solutions for efficient potato storage and maximising marketable yields will be some of the topics on the agenda at World Potato Congress 2012 (May 27-30, Edinburgh).
Industry specialists such as Ronnie Bartlett (Managing Director, Albert Bartlett and Sons Ltd), Nick Vermont (Regional CEO McCain Foods Ltd) and David Wilkinson (Senior Director European Agriculture, PepsiCo) will be speaking alongside top international technical potato experts.
Prof Jin Liping (Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences) will be providing insights on the global significance of the potato industry and the role of the potato in providing food security in China. Additionally, Dr Colin Chartres (Water Management Institute, Sri Lanka), Dr Nora Olsen (University of Idaho, USA) and Kevin Clayton Green (AUSVEG, Australia), will be examining ways of addressing issues such as water, storage and plant health.
"The agenda has been put together to reflect topics currently affecting the industry. This is an excellent opportunity to understand how concerns similar to ours are addressed in other countries. This may help our industry achieve greater sustainability and profitability," says Rob Clayton, Potato Council director.
"World Potato Congress 2012 is the event at which everyone wants to be seen this year. Itís the ideal location to network with customers, and delegates will be able to maximise the potential business opportunities. Everyone planning on attending should register soon as the industry tours are almost full."
World Potato Congress 2012 is organised by Potato Council and sponsored by Bayer CropScience; Albert Bartlett; Greenvale; Irish Potato Marketing; Syngenta; DuPont; Cygnet PB; Mylnefield Research Services Ltd; Biofresh Ltd; R. J. Herbert Engineering; Sorma Spa; Caithness Potatoes; Solana; Makhteshim Agan Industries; McCain Foods (GB) Ltd; Grimme UK Ltd; Simplot; Broekema; AgraQuest; Haith; Odenberg Ltd; Kortrijk Xpo; LGC Genomics GmbH; Potato Variety Management Institute; Fischbein Saxon; Yara UK ltd; Canadian Horticultural Council; Neogen Europe; Newtec Odense (UK) Ltd; AVR bvba; Agrico UK Ltd; Tong Peal Engineering.
For more information:
Tel: 0044 24 7647 8772
Publication date: 4/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: