Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Speaker programme for World Potato Congress now completePractical solutions for efficient potato storage and maximising marketable yields will be some of the topics on the agenda at World Potato Congress 2012 (May 27-30, Edinburgh).
Industry specialists such as Ronnie Bartlett (Managing Director, Albert Bartlett and Sons Ltd), Nick Vermont (Regional CEO McCain Foods Ltd) and David Wilkinson (Senior Director European Agriculture, PepsiCo) will be speaking alongside top international technical potato experts.
Prof Jin Liping (Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences) will be providing insights on the global significance of the potato industry and the role of the potato in providing food security in China. Additionally, Dr Colin Chartres (Water Management Institute, Sri Lanka), Dr Nora Olsen (University of Idaho, USA) and Kevin Clayton Green (AUSVEG, Australia), will be examining ways of addressing issues such as water, storage and plant health.
"The agenda has been put together to reflect topics currently affecting the industry. This is an excellent opportunity to understand how concerns similar to ours are addressed in other countries. This may help our industry achieve greater sustainability and profitability," says Rob Clayton, Potato Council director.
"World Potato Congress 2012 is the event at which everyone wants to be seen this year. It’s the ideal location to network with customers, and delegates will be able to maximise the potential business opportunities. Everyone planning on attending should register soon as the industry tours are almost full."
World Potato Congress 2012 is organised by Potato Council and sponsored by Bayer CropScience; Albert Bartlett; Greenvale; Irish Potato Marketing; Syngenta; DuPont; Cygnet PB; Mylnefield Research Services Ltd; Biofresh Ltd; R. J. Herbert Engineering; Sorma Spa; Caithness Potatoes; Solana; Makhteshim Agan Industries; McCain Foods (GB) Ltd; Grimme UK Ltd; Simplot; Broekema; AgraQuest; Haith; Odenberg Ltd; Kortrijk Xpo; LGC Genomics GmbH; Potato Variety Management Institute; Fischbein Saxon; Yara UK ltd; Canadian Horticultural Council; Neogen Europe; Newtec Odense (UK) Ltd; AVR bvba; Agrico UK Ltd; Tong Peal Engineering.
For more information:
Tel: 0044 24 7647 8772
Publication date: 4/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: