Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil will boost mango and avocado production in Honduras
Some 600 Honduran producers will benefit indirectly and directly with a cooperation agreement covering about 2.5 million lempiras, funds that come from the Brazilian Cooperation Agency (ABC abbreviation in Spanish).
Amongst the departments that will benefit from this are Choluteca, El Paraiso, Intibucá, Comayagua, Yoro and Francisco Morazán.
ABC authorities, headed by its director Marco Farani, met with officials from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (SAG), to formalize technical cooperation projects between the two governments.
Undersecretary for Livestock, Juan Carlos Ordóñez, said that among the projects to be promoted with Brazil is the mango and avocado production, but it also opens doors to negotiate a support project for soybeans, livestock and fisheries.
"We must remember that in the case of avocado we are still net consumers, but the idea is to open these markets, because we have a great potential, as well as mango,"he said.
Production could be sold in the U.S. or countries in the region where opportunities are appearing according to the potential of the ground in Honduras. He said that the reopening of cooperation with Brazil, being the first door that is opening, is also for other important products.
"Just for the sector we are talking about a project of about 2.5 million lempiras coming from Brazil and benefiting indirectly and directly about 600 farmers," he confirmed.
Publication date: 4/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: