Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Edeka to expandEdeka has announced plans to open hundreds of new outlets in Germany, even as it reported strong growth for its last fiscal year.
The retail giant said it plans to open 400 new outlets in 2012, in a move that will create more than 4,000 new jobs. CEO Markus Mosa said the expansion will see the group invest nearly €1.4bn, and will include the modernisation of its commercial infrastructure.
The announcement came after Edeka said sales for its last fiscal year rose by a solid 4.7% to €45.6bn, which it attributed to its full-range supermarket division. It also noted that independent retailers saw sales top the €20bn mark for the first time. Meanwhile, Netto Marken-Discount posted a sales increase of 3.3% to €10.7bn.
During the year, Edeka opened more than 190 new retail outlets, which helped raise its sales area to more than 10 million sq. ft. for the first time. The group transferred 75 full-range stores to independents.
Publication date: 4/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: