Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Edeka to expandEdeka has announced plans to open hundreds of new outlets in Germany, even as it reported strong growth for its last fiscal year.
The retail giant said it plans to open 400 new outlets in 2012, in a move that will create more than 4,000 new jobs. CEO Markus Mosa said the expansion will see the group invest nearly €1.4bn, and will include the modernisation of its commercial infrastructure.
The announcement came after Edeka said sales for its last fiscal year rose by a solid 4.7% to €45.6bn, which it attributed to its full-range supermarket division. It also noted that independent retailers saw sales top the €20bn mark for the first time. Meanwhile, Netto Marken-Discount posted a sales increase of 3.3% to €10.7bn.
During the year, Edeka opened more than 190 new retail outlets, which helped raise its sales area to more than 10 million sq. ft. for the first time. The group transferred 75 full-range stores to independents.
Publication date: 4/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: