Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: C.H. Robinson report profits riseLogistics company C.H. Robinson Worldwide announced earlier this week that its first-quarter profit rose 10 percent as demand rose for its services. The gains would have been larger but the company said it wasn't able to raise prices fast enough to keep up with rising fuel prices.
C.H. Robinson Worldwide earned $106.5 million, or 65 cents per share, for the quarter that ended March 31. That was up from $97 million, or 59 cents per share, during the same period last year.
Revenue rose 8 percent to $2.55 billion, from $2.37 billion a year earlier.
Trucking revenue rose 7 percent. Volumes for truckload shipments rose 8 percent. Volumes for less-than-truckload hauling, where a single truck carries goods for multiple customers, rose 13 percent.
Revenue from ocean shipping rose 1 percent to almost $15.8 million. Revenue from other logistics services jumped 24 percent to $17.5 million.
Publication date: 4/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: