Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sjraar Hulsman, The Greenery:
Netherlands: "Asparagus quickly sold at these prices"Due to the continuing cold weather, the European supply of asparagus is disappointing. The prices at auction are at a level of between 7 and 9 Euro. According to Sjraar Hulsman of The Greenery, the asparagus, despite this reasonably high price level, are sold quickly. "That is the nice side of this product. People just want to eat asparagus now. What is striking is that sales of peeled asparagus increase from year to year."
"For many retailers asparagus are becoming more important. The asparagus promotion on the shop floor received more and more attention and just about all retailers have asparagus in their assortment," Sjraar continues. The further development of the market is, according to the salesman dependent on the volumes offered and the demand. "But as long as the supply is relatively low and the demand remains high I expect prices to remain good."
Wholesaler Hay Rutten of Rutten Asperges from Venlo has the exact same picture. "Because of the cold weather the supply is disappointing, prices remain good, but better weather will stimulate the demand. But I am positive about this season. As soon as the weather improves demand will recover."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: