Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Investment after EHEC
Germany: GEO builds new production hallAfter the EHEC crisis discredited the whole vegetable sector, and mainly the cucumber growers, Klaus Beiswenger, company leader of the cucumber producers organisation GEO from the Bavarian Ahomling, has quickly won back the trust of his customers thanks to an 'offensive communication policy'. To show that GEO is trying to increase sales by improving quality and therefore will be a reliable collaboration partner, Europe's most modern sorting centre is now being built in Neusling.
The progress of the building can be followed on internet. The GEO is investing three million Euro to build the project which will provide a less taxing way of sorting and offer cooling possibilities for intermediate storage. The new hall is on a plot of 18,000 square metres. The company space will take up 3,800 square metres. Everything should be finished in two months. The commissioning of the company is planned for the 9th of June.
Publication date: 4/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: