Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Investment after EHEC
Germany: GEO builds new production hallAfter the EHEC crisis discredited the whole vegetable sector, and mainly the cucumber growers, Klaus Beiswenger, company leader of the cucumber producers organisation GEO from the Bavarian Ahomling, has quickly won back the trust of his customers thanks to an 'offensive communication policy'. To show that GEO is trying to increase sales by improving quality and therefore will be a reliable collaboration partner, Europe's most modern sorting centre is now being built in Neusling.
The progress of the building can be followed on internet. The GEO is investing three million Euro to build the project which will provide a less taxing way of sorting and offer cooling possibilities for intermediate storage. The new hall is on a plot of 18,000 square metres. The company space will take up 3,800 square metres. Everything should be finished in two months. The commissioning of the company is planned for the 9th of June.
Publication date: 4/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: