Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
CMA CGM, Emirates vessel sharing announcedCMA CGM and Emirates Shipping Line entered a vessel sharing agreement to jointly operate two container services connecting the Middle East and East Africa, starting in early May.
The fixed-day weekly services will be marketed by the French carrier as the Swahili Express 2 and 3, and by Middle East-based ESL as the Gulf-Mombasa Express (GMX) and the Gulf Dar es Salaam Express (GDX).
The agreement calls for deployment of five vessels of 2,200 20-foot equivalent unit capacity in the SWAX2/GMX service and three 1,700-TEU vessels in the SWAX3/GDX operation.
The port rotation for the SWAX2/GMX service is Jebel Ali, Khor Fakkan, Mombasa, Zanzibar and back to Jebel Ali.
For the SWAX3/GDX service, ships will call at Jebel Ali, Khor Fakkan, Dar es Salaam and return to Jebel Ali.
Trade to and from India is expected to benefit from the joint services through relay options over Khor Fakkan.
The first vessel sailings are scheduled for May 11 from Jebel Ali.
The new services effectively replace ESL’s Gulf-India-East Africa service, which suspended calling at Nhava Sheva (Jawaharlal Nehru) last year, and CMA CGM’s current Swahili Express service, which suspended calling at Nhava Sheva (Jawaharlal Nehru) last year, and CMA CGM’s current Swahili Express.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: