Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
CMA CGM, Emirates vessel sharing announcedCMA CGM and Emirates Shipping Line entered a vessel sharing agreement to jointly operate two container services connecting the Middle East and East Africa, starting in early May.
The fixed-day weekly services will be marketed by the French carrier as the Swahili Express 2 and 3, and by Middle East-based ESL as the Gulf-Mombasa Express (GMX) and the Gulf Dar es Salaam Express (GDX).
The agreement calls for deployment of five vessels of 2,200 20-foot equivalent unit capacity in the SWAX2/GMX service and three 1,700-TEU vessels in the SWAX3/GDX operation.
The port rotation for the SWAX2/GMX service is Jebel Ali, Khor Fakkan, Mombasa, Zanzibar and back to Jebel Ali.
For the SWAX3/GDX service, ships will call at Jebel Ali, Khor Fakkan, Dar es Salaam and return to Jebel Ali.
Trade to and from India is expected to benefit from the joint services through relay options over Khor Fakkan.
The first vessel sailings are scheduled for May 11 from Jebel Ali.
The new services effectively replace ESL’s Gulf-India-East Africa service, which suspended calling at Nhava Sheva (Jawaharlal Nehru) last year, and CMA CGM’s current Swahili Express service, which suspended calling at Nhava Sheva (Jawaharlal Nehru) last year, and CMA CGM’s current Swahili Express.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: