Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
India to sue MonsantoMonsanto, via its Indian subsidiary, Mahyco, may be about to face legal action from India. If the action goes ahead it will mark the first time that a bio-diversity company faces a legal challenge from a national government.
Monsanto stands accused, by the Indian National Biodiversity Authority, of taking 6 varieties of Indian Brinjal (egg plant/aubergine) to create the GM Bt Brinjal. Under Indian national law it is illegal for any company to take an indigenous plant variety and create bio-engineered stock from it, for commercial purposes, without the consent of the NBA.
Apparently the NBA has decided to pursue a legal claim against the company, despite the fact that it is known that some board members are not in favour of such an action.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: