Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
India to sue MonsantoMonsanto, via its Indian subsidiary, Mahyco, may be about to face legal action from India. If the action goes ahead it will mark the first time that a bio-diversity company faces a legal challenge from a national government.
Monsanto stands accused, by the Indian National Biodiversity Authority, of taking 6 varieties of Indian Brinjal (egg plant/aubergine) to create the GM Bt Brinjal. Under Indian national law it is illegal for any company to take an indigenous plant variety and create bio-engineered stock from it, for commercial purposes, without the consent of the NBA.
Apparently the NBA has decided to pursue a legal claim against the company, despite the fact that it is known that some board members are not in favour of such an action.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: