Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India to sue MonsantoMonsanto, via its Indian subsidiary, Mahyco, may be about to face legal action from India. If the action goes ahead it will mark the first time that a bio-diversity company faces a legal challenge from a national government.
Monsanto stands accused, by the Indian National Biodiversity Authority, of taking 6 varieties of Indian Brinjal (egg plant/aubergine) to create the GM Bt Brinjal. Under Indian national law it is illegal for any company to take an indigenous plant variety and create bio-engineered stock from it, for commercial purposes, without the consent of the NBA.
Apparently the NBA has decided to pursue a legal claim against the company, despite the fact that it is known that some board members are not in favour of such an action.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: