Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India to sue MonsantoMonsanto, via its Indian subsidiary, Mahyco, may be about to face legal action from India. If the action goes ahead it will mark the first time that a bio-diversity company faces a legal challenge from a national government.
Monsanto stands accused, by the Indian National Biodiversity Authority, of taking 6 varieties of Indian Brinjal (egg plant/aubergine) to create the GM Bt Brinjal. Under Indian national law it is illegal for any company to take an indigenous plant variety and create bio-engineered stock from it, for commercial purposes, without the consent of the NBA.
Apparently the NBA has decided to pursue a legal claim against the company, despite the fact that it is known that some board members are not in favour of such an action.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: