Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India to sue MonsantoMonsanto, via its Indian subsidiary, Mahyco, may be about to face legal action from India. If the action goes ahead it will mark the first time that a bio-diversity company faces a legal challenge from a national government.
Monsanto stands accused, by the Indian National Biodiversity Authority, of taking 6 varieties of Indian Brinjal (egg plant/aubergine) to create the GM Bt Brinjal. Under Indian national law it is illegal for any company to take an indigenous plant variety and create bio-engineered stock from it, for commercial purposes, without the consent of the NBA.
Apparently the NBA has decided to pursue a legal claim against the company, despite the fact that it is known that some board members are not in favour of such an action.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: