Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
India to sue MonsantoMonsanto, via its Indian subsidiary, Mahyco, may be about to face legal action from India. If the action goes ahead it will mark the first time that a bio-diversity company faces a legal challenge from a national government.
Monsanto stands accused, by the Indian National Biodiversity Authority, of taking 6 varieties of Indian Brinjal (egg plant/aubergine) to create the GM Bt Brinjal. Under Indian national law it is illegal for any company to take an indigenous plant variety and create bio-engineered stock from it, for commercial purposes, without the consent of the NBA.
Apparently the NBA has decided to pursue a legal claim against the company, despite the fact that it is known that some board members are not in favour of such an action.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: