Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Orange juice 2% riseOrange juice futures ended 2 percent higher on Friday, notching its biggest weekly rise in seven weeks, as gains in the grain markets and buying by small speculators triggered buying after orange juice's recent weakness.
Key July frozen concentrated orange juice rose 3.20 cents, or 2.2 percent, to close at $1.5065 per lb after trading from $1.479 to $1.522.
The citrus market posted an over three percent gain for the week. The rise snapped a six-week losing streak as speculators unwound bullish bets based on speculation of supply shortage due to the carbendazim scare.
One Florida-based softs trader said that outlook for the citrus market appeared improving after breaking above the $1.50 level, but thin volume suggested the market could be vulnerable for a pullback.
Volume traded on Friday amounted to around 1,610 lots, about 30 percent below the 30-day norm.
Publication date: 4/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: