Job offersmore »
- Service Engineer - US & Canada
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk resumes Europe-Asia bookingsMaersk has started taking bookings again on North Europe to Asia routes, after an almost month long suspension.
Originally Maersk had stated that it would take until early May to clear up its backlog of cargo, responsible for the suspension in bookings on March 23rd.
However, customers will face increased rates and longer transit times than they did prior to the suspension. Maersk will seek to implement a general rate increase of $300 per 20-foot equivalent unit on May 1 and will levy a waste cargo surcharge of $300 per container on the same day.
At the same time they will be introducing super-slow-steaming on five Europe-Asia loops - which will extend transit by 7 days.
Publication date: 4/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: