Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Asda launches smartphone appUK supermarket chain Asda has launched a new Android app that will allow consumers to purchase groceries online using their smartphones.
The move comes as part of Asda's efforts to improve its online profile as consumers increasingly demand the chance to shop via diverse means.
This focus on multichannel browsing is reflected in the capabilities of the new Android app, which allows customers to order goods for cheap parcel delivery as well as making it easy for them to scan items in-store to check their price.
Furthermore, the app includes a store locator aimed at allowing shoppers to find their nearest Asda when out on the street.
Kate Cuthbertson, Asda's head of mobile innovation, said that research had prompted the move, showing that more than half of Asda's customers now owned smartphones.
"We're delighted to be able to extend the features that shoppers using our iPhone app enjoy into an Android app, so even more busy Asda mums can shop - and price check - on the move," Ms Cuthbertson added.
Publication date: 4/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: