Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Asda launches smartphone appUK supermarket chain Asda has launched a new Android app that will allow consumers to purchase groceries online using their smartphones.
The move comes as part of Asda's efforts to improve its online profile as consumers increasingly demand the chance to shop via diverse means.
This focus on multichannel browsing is reflected in the capabilities of the new Android app, which allows customers to order goods for cheap parcel delivery as well as making it easy for them to scan items in-store to check their price.
Furthermore, the app includes a store locator aimed at allowing shoppers to find their nearest Asda when out on the street.
Kate Cuthbertson, Asda's head of mobile innovation, said that research had prompted the move, showing that more than half of Asda's customers now owned smartphones.
"We're delighted to be able to extend the features that shoppers using our iPhone app enjoy into an Android app, so even more busy Asda mums can shop - and price check - on the move," Ms Cuthbertson added.
Publication date: 4/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: