Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Asda launches smartphone appUK supermarket chain Asda has launched a new Android app that will allow consumers to purchase groceries online using their smartphones.
The move comes as part of Asda's efforts to improve its online profile as consumers increasingly demand the chance to shop via diverse means.
This focus on multichannel browsing is reflected in the capabilities of the new Android app, which allows customers to order goods for cheap parcel delivery as well as making it easy for them to scan items in-store to check their price.
Furthermore, the app includes a store locator aimed at allowing shoppers to find their nearest Asda when out on the street.
Kate Cuthbertson, Asda's head of mobile innovation, said that research had prompted the move, showing that more than half of Asda's customers now owned smartphones.
"We're delighted to be able to extend the features that shoppers using our iPhone app enjoy into an Android app, so even more busy Asda mums can shop - and price check - on the move," Ms Cuthbertson added.
Publication date: 4/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: