Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Asda launches smartphone appUK supermarket chain Asda has launched a new Android app that will allow consumers to purchase groceries online using their smartphones.
The move comes as part of Asda's efforts to improve its online profile as consumers increasingly demand the chance to shop via diverse means.
This focus on multichannel browsing is reflected in the capabilities of the new Android app, which allows customers to order goods for cheap parcel delivery as well as making it easy for them to scan items in-store to check their price.
Furthermore, the app includes a store locator aimed at allowing shoppers to find their nearest Asda when out on the street.
Kate Cuthbertson, Asda's head of mobile innovation, said that research had prompted the move, showing that more than half of Asda's customers now owned smartphones.
"We're delighted to be able to extend the features that shoppers using our iPhone app enjoy into an Android app, so even more busy Asda mums can shop - and price check - on the move," Ms Cuthbertson added.
Publication date: 4/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: