Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ireland: New export outlet for potatoesRobert Devlin and Philip Meade Jr of the Meade Potato Company (Pictured) supervising the loading of a 1,500 tonne consignment of potatoes for export to northern Europe. They expect to deliver a second load in a couple of weeks and all going well it may continue during the season. They will be processed for potato by- products.
Last year’s oversupply in Ireland due to a high-yielding potato crop was offset by demand from Russia, whose crop was affected by drought, with 50,000 tonnes in total exported from Ireland. No such market exists this year, and with a bumper crop last year exacerbated by a drop in Irish potato consumption, this new export is welcome. It is still early in the season but this year's volumes are expected to be comparable to last year.
Meade Potato Company would like to thank the Department of Agriculture for their support and help carrying out this venture.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: