Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ireland: New export outlet for potatoesRobert Devlin and Philip Meade Jr of the Meade Potato Company (Pictured) supervising the loading of a 1,500 tonne consignment of potatoes for export to northern Europe. They expect to deliver a second load in a couple of weeks and all going well it may continue during the season. They will be processed for potato by- products.
Last year’s oversupply in Ireland due to a high-yielding potato crop was offset by demand from Russia, whose crop was affected by drought, with 50,000 tonnes in total exported from Ireland. No such market exists this year, and with a bumper crop last year exacerbated by a drop in Irish potato consumption, this new export is welcome. It is still early in the season but this year's volumes are expected to be comparable to last year.
Meade Potato Company would like to thank the Department of Agriculture for their support and help carrying out this venture.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: