Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian mango season delayed two weeksIndia is well know for producing a wide range of fruits, vegetables, spices and Indian growers are widely adopting updated growing, post-harvest, processing and packaging technologies to meet International market demands.
Besides fulfilling all domestic food requirements, Indian exports of fruit and vegetables is increasing every year, this clearly indicates wide adaptation and planting of high-yielding varieties and new techniques by Indian Growers.
The Vaidika Group have been technical consultants for agribusiness, horticulture plantations, post-harvest technologies and the supply chain for many years and recently entered into the field of agriculture exports and have strong business relations with Indian Growers, so as to meet the demands of International clients for quality, quantity, and of course prices.
Ms. Gesu Priyadarshini, Import-Export Executive for the group said, "we have huge availability and plantations of tropical fruits with our growers and have quality of international standards as well as quantity and packaging is as per the requirement of buyers."
After participation in Fruit Logistica 2012, Berlin, the group got good additional business from Europe, US, Russia, Gulf, and are looking for long term business relation with buyers to fulfil their requirements of all types fruit, vegetables and spices throughout the year.
"We have direct contracts with growers, as well as substantial plantations of mangoes and onions with international quality. Since, Indian soil and climate is suitable for wide range of agriculture produce.
The mango season in India has been delayed this year due to adverse weather conditions but quality is said to be good. According to Ms Priyadarshini, prices are higher this season due to late emergence of the fruit but demand is higher than last year, since, Indian mango has its unique market and will always be in demand always irrespective of the prices."
The Vaidika Group exports the varieties Alphonso, Kesar andBadami to Germany and UK.
According to Ms Priyadarshini, Indian mangoes are very unique in taste and very fragrant and have good recognition in European Markets. The season for Indian mangoes is very limited, only 2 months each year, so there is demand from all over the world, especially US, Europe and Russian markets. The season starts on the 5th of April.
For more information:
Ms. Gesu Priyadarshini
Tel- +91 20 25382784
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: