Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian mango season delayed two weeksIndia is well know for producing a wide range of fruits, vegetables, spices and Indian growers are widely adopting updated growing, post-harvest, processing and packaging technologies to meet International market demands.
Besides fulfilling all domestic food requirements, Indian exports of fruit and vegetables is increasing every year, this clearly indicates wide adaptation and planting of high-yielding varieties and new techniques by Indian Growers.
The Vaidika Group have been technical consultants for agribusiness, horticulture plantations, post-harvest technologies and the supply chain for many years and recently entered into the field of agriculture exports and have strong business relations with Indian Growers, so as to meet the demands of International clients for quality, quantity, and of course prices.
Ms. Gesu Priyadarshini, Import-Export Executive for the group said, "we have huge availability and plantations of tropical fruits with our growers and have quality of international standards as well as quantity and packaging is as per the requirement of buyers."
After participation in Fruit Logistica 2012, Berlin, the group got good additional business from Europe, US, Russia, Gulf, and are looking for long term business relation with buyers to fulfil their requirements of all types fruit, vegetables and spices throughout the year.
"We have direct contracts with growers, as well as substantial plantations of mangoes and onions with international quality. Since, Indian soil and climate is suitable for wide range of agriculture produce.
The mango season in India has been delayed this year due to adverse weather conditions but quality is said to be good. According to Ms Priyadarshini, prices are higher this season due to late emergence of the fruit but demand is higher than last year, since, Indian mango has its unique market and will always be in demand always irrespective of the prices."
The Vaidika Group exports the varieties Alphonso, Kesar andBadami to Germany and UK.
According to Ms Priyadarshini, Indian mangoes are very unique in taste and very fragrant and have good recognition in European Markets. The season for Indian mangoes is very limited, only 2 months each year, so there is demand from all over the world, especially US, Europe and Russian markets. The season starts on the 5th of April.
For more information:
Ms. Gesu Priyadarshini
Tel- +91 20 25382784
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: