Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian mango season delayed two weeksIndia is well know for producing a wide range of fruits, vegetables, spices and Indian growers are widely adopting updated growing, post-harvest, processing and packaging technologies to meet International market demands.
Besides fulfilling all domestic food requirements, Indian exports of fruit and vegetables is increasing every year, this clearly indicates wide adaptation and planting of high-yielding varieties and new techniques by Indian Growers.
The Vaidika Group have been technical consultants for agribusiness, horticulture plantations, post-harvest technologies and the supply chain for many years and recently entered into the field of agriculture exports and have strong business relations with Indian Growers, so as to meet the demands of International clients for quality, quantity, and of course prices.
Ms. Gesu Priyadarshini, Import-Export Executive for the group said, "we have huge availability and plantations of tropical fruits with our growers and have quality of international standards as well as quantity and packaging is as per the requirement of buyers."
After participation in Fruit Logistica 2012, Berlin, the group got good additional business from Europe, US, Russia, Gulf, and are looking for long term business relation with buyers to fulfil their requirements of all types fruit, vegetables and spices throughout the year.
"We have direct contracts with growers, as well as substantial plantations of mangoes and onions with international quality. Since, Indian soil and climate is suitable for wide range of agriculture produce.
The mango season in India has been delayed this year due to adverse weather conditions but quality is said to be good. According to Ms Priyadarshini, prices are higher this season due to late emergence of the fruit but demand is higher than last year, since, Indian mango has its unique market and will always be in demand always irrespective of the prices."
The Vaidika Group exports the varieties Alphonso, Kesar andBadami to Germany and UK.
According to Ms Priyadarshini, Indian mangoes are very unique in taste and very fragrant and have good recognition in European Markets. The season for Indian mangoes is very limited, only 2 months each year, so there is demand from all over the world, especially US, Europe and Russian markets. The season starts on the 5th of April.
For more information:
Ms. Gesu Priyadarshini
Tel- +91 20 25382784
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: