Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Strawberry exports to EU are growingThe strawberry campaign in Huelva closed the first three months with a 19% rise in fresh fruit exports to European countries regarding last season.
According to data from the producers and exporters association Freshuelva, France was the destination that got a bigger amount with 34% of the total, followed by Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom.
France leads the Spanish exports, despite its fields of strawberry. Europe is the main consumer for red fruits from Huelva. 85% of strawberries are exported every campaign, also 90% of other berries (blackberry, raspberry and blueberry).
Cooperatives expect to harvest 245,000 tons this year until the begin of Summer. Starting with fresh fruit and later on, fruit for processing.
Source: El Mundo de España
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: