Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Strawberry exports to EU are growingThe strawberry campaign in Huelva closed the first three months with a 19% rise in fresh fruit exports to European countries regarding last season.
According to data from the producers and exporters association Freshuelva, France was the destination that got a bigger amount with 34% of the total, followed by Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom.
France leads the Spanish exports, despite its fields of strawberry. Europe is the main consumer for red fruits from Huelva. 85% of strawberries are exported every campaign, also 90% of other berries (blackberry, raspberry and blueberry).
Cooperatives expect to harvest 245,000 tons this year until the begin of Summer. Starting with fresh fruit and later on, fruit for processing.
Source: El Mundo de España
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: