Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Start of pepper season in Schleswig-HolsteinIn the German state of Schleswig-Holstein the pepper season has started. Recently, in Germany's largest greenhouse in Hemmingstedt the beginning of the harvest was officially inaugurated. "After the difficult EHEC-year of 2011 we are once again optimistic about the future and we look forward to the start of the season," said project manager Frank Schoof.
In the twelve-acre greenhouse, 1,400 tonnes of peppers will be harvested in the next eight months for the Northern German market. In addition a further 3,000 tonnes of "Made in Schleswig-Holstein" tomatoes will be harvested. In order to ensure that the plants in wet Northern Germany have a comfortable temperature of 20 degrees Celsius, the greenhouse must often be heated. On average the greenhouse uses 1200 MWh of heat per week - an amount which corresponds to the total annual consumption of 600 households.
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: