Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Combs Produce unveil new Hispanic lineCombs Produce, a fresh produce solution provider for foodservice, retail and wholesale customers, today unveils their new Hispanic product line named Calidad.
Calidad, meaning quality, is a customer-focused service grounded in consumer research, connected to trusted growing partners, and bundled with flexible service capabilities that positions Combs’ customers to meet the evolving needs of the Hispanic consumer at foodservice and retail.
"After months of learning more about today’s Hispanic shopper and fully understanding the needs of this ever growing demographic, I am pleased to present, Calidad," said Jeff Partridge, CEO of Combs Produce. "The Calidad program offers quality, freshness and value, backed by the trusted Combs name, an experienced staff and solid customer service."
Calidad will officially launch on May 1, 2012, at the United Fresh 2012 event in Dallas. The line will offer seasonal produce items and year-round offerings like jalapenos, serrano peppers, poblano peppers, anaheim peppers, tomatillos, roma tomatoes and avocados. Eventually Calidad will have a full line of Hispanic products running through the Combs Produce McAllen FOB facility, allowing for fresher products and guaranteed quality straight from the source in Mexico.
"Calidad takes Combs to a new level," said Martin Moreno, Hispanic Director. "We aren’t offering just a line of Hispanic produce items. We provide all-around expertise – from knowledge about fresh produce trends to merchandising and menu solutions for foodservice and retail customers. In addition, we have worked in concert with our grower partners to ensure that we maintain a high level and quality of produce that meets the highest food safety standards."
The new line brings value to the company’s already well-established products and services and will expand based on the needs of Combs Produce customers. Moreno says the end goal of the program is to eventually offer a broader array of Hispanic produce items – all fresh from Mexico.
For more information:
Phone: +1 800 466-6086
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: