Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Area shrinkage asparagus in BrandenburgIn the German region of Berlin-Brandenburg the asparagus volumes are shrinking. According to data from the Ministry of Agriculture it is evident from the fact that the total asparagus acreage in 2010 has shrunk by 117 hectares to 2,650 hectares.
Especially in the districts Ostprignitz-Ruppin, Prignitz and Spree-Neisse asparagus acreage is reduced. A growing amount of production but only a slightly increasing consumption is expected to increase price pressure on the market. Any increase in yield caused by technology and cost reduction will be a competitive advantage. Premier Matthias Platzeck (SPD) will officially open the Brandenburg asparagus season on 19 april in Klaistow.
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: